NOT AGAIN by Rene D. Schultz

36631581

Title: Not Again
Author: Rene D. Schultz
Published: Nov. 20, 2017
Pages: 237 (print)
Genre: Women's Fiction
Review: ebook
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 


Austin is struggling with the death of his fiancĂ©. Kelzi lost her husband to the war in Iraq and is destitute, withdrawn and living in a shelter with her four-year-old son. They are both traveling down the road of self-destruction, until ‘fate' and 'letting go of the past’ collide. Will Austin be able to let go of his past? Will Kelzi learn to trust again?

A riveting exploration of love lost and found. NOT AGAIN is the poignant story of a young man who must confront his past, so that he can believe in the chance for a new beginning.

I read the previous book Moment of Impact and I remember how my heart was just broken for those that were affected by the train crash. If you haven't read book one then you should, even though this book is stand alone you  might get to understand Austin's struggle even more by understanding how he got here. 
Austin is still dealing with the loss of his fiance Harper. They were both perfect for each other and Austin is taking it hard though it has been years. When his mother suggests he goes to a support group he doesn't want to attend I mean they can't possibly understand where he is coming from right? Well he is more than wrong while attending and slowly opening up he realizes that he does have to move on with life but he can hold his memories of her. He also gets drawn to a young woman named Kelzi who has lost her husband and has a four year old child to raise. Things are not good for Kelzi but she is making due and trying her best. What keeps her going is her son Cory. She doesn't open up easy and is very angry. 
As we watch over time Austin gets Kelzi to open up and come out of her shell, and we see that a romance could blossom between the two if they can get over the past and move forward. 
Once I got into the book it was very hard to put down. The characters were amazing and my heart broke for Austin because he just didn't seem like he could let go of his past. Though at times he did seem to be a bit pushy with Kelzi. 
In this story we see a whole of growing from a lot of different characters and it was nice for Austin to see a different point of view than his on more than one occasion. 




Rene D. Schultz
 I’m divorced and I live in a small community just north of Los Angeles where I raised my two sons. I love to garden, try new recipes, take lots of pictures, and occasionally I enjoy a glass of wine with dear friends. I’ve never jumped out of a plane, climbed Mt. Everest, or seen the Northern Lights of Alaska. But, I have danced in the rain, sent a message in a bottle, and I’ve rode my motorcycle down The Pacific Coast Highway on sunny California days! 
After my divorce, I waltzed into the world of online dating. I didn’t find my knight-in-shining armor, but instead in 2008, I wrote a very successful book on my entertaining experiences. My first book “Searching4MrRight.com” was published by a small press and you can find it on Amazon. 
My first fiction novel “Bishop Street” is coming out July 2013. This story is about four powerful friendships that begin at Bishop Street Orphanage. It continues with lies and deceit after they leave at eighteen. Then, twenty years later, redemption plays out and ultimately the strength that got them through their childhood becomes the catalyst that binds them back together. My passion of writing has lead me on the most amazing journey. Now, my focus is on fiction. I thrive on developing strong storylines that showcase today’s contemporary lifestyles. Rags to riches, Robinhood, and surviving the odds, seems to be my one common denominator that showcases my fascinating and diverse characters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview and Giveaway with Author Teri Polen

Review: The Ouija Board (Paranormal Adventure #1) by Shelby White

Spreading Some Love Indie Blog Hop 2016